Spain Accountancy Services
We have an office in Madrid, which includes a complete fully compliant Chartered Accountancy practice. The practice includes two qualified accountants, and support staff with many years of experience.
IVA / VAT Registration
We apply for a provisional company tax identification code (código de identificación fiscal/CIF) and register for VAT (IVA). Your CIF will act as your VAT number and allows you to open a bank account in the company’s name and deposit the share capital.
For a Spanish company, we do the following:
Your company in Spain, has to produce quarterly statements for
- Advanced income tax payments
- Withholding taxes on payment of rents if applicable
Regular Annual Accounting
Your company, even if has no activity, need to produce annual accounts and tax returns.
In January we will:
- produce a yearly summary of transactions with VAT, split into quarters
- produce a yearly summary of payroll and retentions for professional work; split into details for each person This is used by the tax authorities to produce personal tax returns
In April we will:
- produce and legalise the nominal ledger (libro mayor) with the Mercantile Registry.
- produce and legalise the journal (el diario) of the company
In July we will:
- produce the annual accounts for the Mercantile Registry - the accounts are around 40 pages and is supplemented by notes to these accounts.. Apart from the Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss statements, there are statements about movements on reserves,
- produce a similar statement for the payment of Corporation Tax. This document contains similar information and is also 40 pages long.
On a monthly basis we will:
- run the payroll
- lodge a form on social security payments to Seguridad Social