France Company Formations
France Company Registration
A private company in France is either incorporated as a SAS (Société par Actions Simplifiée) or a Sàrl (Société à Résponsibilité Limitée). The SAS is the newer type of company, and is especially used by non-residents.
Our incorporation service include:
- Company Name search
- Liaising with the local registrar and relevant authorities
- Structuring the company as per your requirements
- Prepare your Company Registration Forms
- Drafting the Articles of Association / Statutes
- File the documents with the Centre de Formalitïes des Entreprises
- Company Books
- Publication in the Official Journal
- Commercial Registry fee
- Stamp duty
- Appointment of the Directors
- Initial Government licence fee payable on incorporation
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Registration with Tax Authorities
- Issue of shares and production of Share Certificates
- All documents and certificates supplied in a professional folder
- Delivery of documents by FedEx / DHL courier
Société par Actions Simplifiée (SAS) or Société à Responsabilité Limitée Company Incorporation (Sàrl)
To incorporate your company in France we require the following:
- Your proposed company name
- Registered office of the company.
- Companies objects - a brief description of the intended activities of your company
- One director and one shareholder is required for a Sàrl
- The names and addresses of the directors and shareholders
- Copy of the passports of the directors and shareholders
- Percentage of the shares belonging to each shareholder.
- Proof of the deposit of the paid-up capital deposited in a bank account opened in the company name
Incorporating a Sàrl
- Check your company name with the Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle
- Due Diligence and drafting of the company documents
- Bank Account introduction and share capital deposit
- Company’s incorporation at the court
- Upon receipt of the Certificate of Incorporation the bank account is activated
- Liaising with Tax office to activate the VAT number
Authorised and Issued Share Capital
The minimum share capital is €1.
A Sàrl usually adopts a closed structure, so that share transfers only occur between existing shareholders or with the unanimous permission thereof.
The amount chosen is held with the notary, a bank or in a Caisse de Dêpot during the course of the formation of the company.
The share capital is unblocked as soon as the banker receives the Kbis Certificate.
All departments in France have a register of company names and so most company names are allowed so long as it is not used by another company in the same department.
We will check your chosen company name with the the Register of the Commercial Courts and the Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle.
- France is very liberal about which company names are allowed
- Adding the word France after the company name is usually means you are a non French company
- Common names, such as Hôtel de la Gare Sàrl, will be repeated several times throughout France
- A company name check can be carried out free of charge to see if a required name has already been registered
- We can then reserve your Sàrl name for up to ten days.
Company Director (Gérant)
- Only one director is required
- Directors may be of any nationality
The legal representative of a Sàrl or a SAS company company is called a Gérant; which is the equivalent of a director in other countries.
If you wish to appoint a gérant who is not a resident of the EU or an OECD country then they will need state authorisation.
- Only one shareholder is required
- Corporation - full registered name, trading name, registered office address, company registration number, name and title of legal representative of the company
- Individual - name, home address, profession, date and place of birth, nationality and marital status
It is not necessary that the shareholders be French, or reside in France.
A company in France must have a Registered Office, we can provide a registered office service in Paris.
French Bank Account
A French bank account is required for the share capital, the bank require a meeting which takes just over an hour.
At the end of the meeting,you will get details of the temporary share capital deposit account. With these details, a money transfer can be organised for the share capital. As soon as the bank receives the money, they issue an attestation, with this and the signed documents we register the company with the Chamber of Commerce..
When the company is formed the Chamber of Commerce issues a Kbis (Certificate of incorporation). We then send the Kbis to the bank, who will open the business bank account and release the share capital into it.
France Company Formations
Please complete our enquiry form, so we can assist with your company documents requirements.