Cyprus Companies Law cap 113 defines all laws and regulation for companies incorporated in Cyprus. You will find below the key extracts from the Cyprus Companies Law along with the full act.
No company shall be registered by a name which in the opinion of the Council of Ministers is undesirable.
§20. Where it is proved to the satisfaction of the Council of Ministers that an association about to be formed as a company is to be formed for promoting commerce, art, science, religion, charity or any other useful object, and intends to apply its profits, if any, or other income in promoting its objects, and to prohibit the payment of any dividend to its members, the Council of Ministers may by licence direct that the association may be registered as a company with limited liability, without the addition of the word "limited" to its name,
(1) A company shall, as from the day on which it begins to carry on business or as from the fourteenth day after the date of its incorporation, whichever is the earlier, have a registered office in the Republic to which all communications and notices may be addressed.
(3) If default is made in complying with this section, the company and every officer of the company who is in default shall be liable to a default fine.
(1) The memorandum of every company must state:
(2) The memorandum of a company where limited by shares or by guarantee must state that the liability of its members is limited.
(4) In the case of a company having a share capital the memorandum must also state the amount of share capital with which the company proposes to be registered and the division thereof into shares of fixed amount also no subscriber of the memorandum may take less than one share
Every company registered on or after the commencement of this Law, other than a private company, shall have at least two directors, and every company registered before that date (other than a private company), and every private company, shall have a director.
If, in the case of a company the share capital of which is divided into different classes of shares, provision is made by the memorandum or articles for authorizing the variation of the rights attached to any class of shares in the company, subject to the consent of any specified proportion of the holders of the issued shares of that class or the sanction of a resolution passed at a separate meeting of the holders of those shares, and in pursuance of the said provision the rights attached to any such class of shares are at any time varied, the holders of not less in the aggregate than fifteen per cent of the issued shares of that class, being persons who did not consent to or vote in favour of the resolution for the variation, may apply to the Court to have the variation cancelled, and, where any such application is made, the variation shall not have effect unless and until it is confirmed by the Court.
Every company shall have a secretary and a sole director shall not also be secretary: Provided that in the case of a limited- liability company with one and only member, the sole director may also be the secretary