Denmark Company Formations
- Reserving your Company Name
- Liaising with the local registrar and relevant authorities
- Prepare your Company Registration Forms
- Drafting the Articles of Association / Statutes
- File the documents with the Erhvers - og Selskabsstyrelse
- Appoint the Directors
- Initial Government licence fee payable on incorporation
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Issue of shares and production of Share Certificates
- All documents and certificates supplied in a professional folder
- Delivery of documents by FedEx / DHL courier
- Entry in the Commerce and Companies Agency (Erhvers - og Selskabsstyrelse)
Denmark - Company Registration - Anpartsselskab or ApS
Denmark has no Government register of shareholders, the statutory minimum start up capital is DKK 80,000 (€11,000) The private limited company is broadly equivalent to the German GmbH, UK Ltd and the French Sàrl.
Features of a private limited company in Denmark:
- Only one director is required
- Minimum share capital is DKK 80,000 (€11,000)
- Optional one or two-tier management systems with either a supervisory board or an executive board, or both
Incorporating a new company:
- The name of the company.
- The objects can be broad, for example "The objects of the company are commercial, industrial and investment activities", or they can be specific.
- The company's address.
- The share capital and how to contribute it to the company. The capital can be paid up by means of cash contributions or a contribution of assets
- The denomination of the shares.
- The Board and the Management of the company. We require the personal identification number (CPR-number) and private address of the Danish Board members and directors, and in case of foreign citizens we require their private address and a copy of their passport.
- Provisions regulating the powers to sign on behalf of the company. Should one Board member or one manager be able to bind the company, or should several signatures be required?
- The company's financial year end and the first financial year can be up to 18 months.
- Any special requirements concerning the Articles of Association, including a qualified majority for certain decisions, convening of general meetings, pre-emption rights, etc.
- Whether to hold an actual statutory general meeting or a general meeting on paper, where no shareholders are present.
ApS Business Registration
Denmark Incorporation Requirements:
- Your company's address. Registered office required - we can supply you with this
- Amount of share capital, the capital can be paid up as cash contributions or a contribution of assets
- The shares denomination
- Any special requirements concerning the Articles of Association, including a qualified majority for certain decisions, convening of general meetings and pre-emption rights
- We require the personal identification number and private address of the Danish Board members and directors, and in case of foreign citizens we require their private address and a copy of their passport. There are rules on the number of foreigners on the Board and the Management
- Provisions regulating the powers to sign on behalf of the company
- The company's first accountant, who must be a registered or state authorised public accountant
- The company's financial year, the first financial year can be up to 18 months
- Whether to hold an actual statutory general meeting or a general meeting on paper, where no shareholders are present
Private Limited Companies - Anpartsselskab or ApS
You must provide the following information about your new company:
- Starting date
- Name of company and address in Denmark
- The names and addresses of the members of the Management Board, the Board of Directors, and the Chairman
- Name and address of accountant
- Articles of association and fiscal year
- The object of the company
- The company’s provisions for signatories - the joint Board of Directors can always bind the company legally by their signatures
Timescale to Incorporate in Denmark
We submit the information, the Danish Commerce and Companies Agency will register your company and issue a CVR number. The processing time will typically be 1 to 2 weeks. The registry will forward the CVR number to The Central Customs and Tax Administration, who we will contact you in order to register for VAT and Corporate income tax.
Main Features of a ApS
- Quick, informal and cost-efficient establishment procedures
- Online incorporation of new companies
- No resident requirements for management, including members of the Executive Board (CEO), Board of Directors or Supervisory Board
- Shareholder's and board meetings can be held electronically
- Registration of corporate documents of limited liability companies (ApS) in Swedish or Norwegian language is possible as an alternative to Danish, and some documents may be registered in English