Ontario - Canada Company Formations
Your company will also be issued Business Identification Number (BIN). The 9-digit number is used by the Ontario Ministry of Consumer and Business Services to identify provincial business accounts. It also appears on the Ontario Master Business Licence.
In Ontario, at least one of the company's directors must reside in Canada.
Ontario Company Formation
Company incorporation includes:
- NUANS Name Search Report on your proposed corporate name
- Preparation and filing of Certificate of Incorporation and Articles of Incorporation
- Provincial Government filing Fee
- Electronic filing the incorporation documents
- Minute Book with Registers & Ledgers
- Shares Certificates
- Shareholder ledgers for each shareholder
- Preparation of Corporate Bylaws which sets out the organisation of the Corporation
- Preparation of the Register of Directors, Register of Shareholders, Register of Officers and the Stock Transfer Register
- Preparation of Organisational Minutes - covering the election of directors and officers, issuing shares, the form of share certificates and fixing the number of directors
- Delivery of documents by FedEx / DHL courier
Documents and Information
To incorporate your company in the province of Ontario, we require:
- The proposed name of your company
- Names and addresses of directors
- Names and addresses of officers
NUANS - Ontario Company Name Search Report
A company name search must be submitted in order to register your company. The search establishes the availability of your proposed company name and provides details of any existing companies with conflicting names.
A NUANS (Newly Updated Automated Name Search) report is needed for incorporation in Ontario,
Choosing a Company Name company
- An Ontario company's name must end with Corporation, Incorporated, Limited, Limitée, Corp., Inc., Ltd. or Ltée.
- An Ontario company's name must be in English or French.
- You may choose to be issued a number as the company's legal name, known as a Numbered Corporation. This quickens the incorporation process.
Registered Office in Ontario for your company
- The registered office of a company is the official address for your company to be used by the government authorities.
- This generally is the principal place of business of the company.
Shareholders of your company
- Your company can have between 1 and 50 shareholders.
- You will need to provide the complete residential address of each shareholder.
Directors of your company
- Every company must have at least one director.
- An Ontario company requires that at least one of its directors be a Canadian resident.
- You will submit each directors residential address, resident status and their profession.
Officers of your company
- A company must appoint a President and a Secretary.
- An officer can hold several positions (i.e. be the President, Secretary and the Treasurer).
- There are no Canadian residency requirement for officers
Select the year-end of the company
- The fiscal year-end is typically the last day of any chosen month.
A company's minimum authorised share capital is CA$1.
There is no limit on the number of shares that your company can issue.
Registered Agent & Registered Office in Ontario
Your company requires a registered office, which will be the official address registered with the government authorities. The address must be in Ontario and be either a commercial or residential address.
All relevant government and commercial documents will be sent to the registered office address.
System Day can provide a registered office for your company.
Ontario Company Incorporation - Fees
The cost of incorporating a company in the Canadian province of Ontario, with standard share capital and standard Memorandum and Articles of Association is £2200. The company formation procedure in Ontario normally takes 2 weeks.
|Ontario - Named Corporation
Provincial or NUANS® Name Search Report of your proposed corporate name
Preparation and filing of Certificate of Incorporation and Articles of Incorporation
Ontario Government filing Fee
Electronic filing the incorporation documents
Minute Book with Registers & Ledgers
Shareholder ledgers for each shareholder
Preparation of Corporate Bylaws which sets out the organisation of the Corporation
Preparation of the Register of Directors, Register of Shareholders, Register of Officers and the Stock Transfer Register
Preparation of Organisational Minutes - covering the election of directors and officers, issuing shares, the form of share certificates and fixing the number of directors
Delivery of documents by FedEx / DHL courier
|Canadian Telephone (+1) redirected worldwide answering service
|Initial Return Filing - should be filed within 60 days from Incorporation
|Registered office address in Ontario
- Provision of the Registered Office and Registered Agent in Ontario
- Compliance with local domicile requirements