Canada - Non-Resident Company Formation
The provinces of British Columbia, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec allow non-Canadian residents to incorporate companies.
After incorporation, your company may register as an Extra-Provincial Corporation in the other provinces that have Canadian-resident requirements. This then allows your company to conduct business in these provinces.
Canada Non-Resident Company Formation Package
Our provincial incorporation package includes:
- Provincial Name Search Report of your proposed corporate name
- Preparation and filing of Certificate of Incorporation and Articles of Incorporation
- Provincial Government filing Fee
- Electronic filing the incorporation documents
- Minute Book with Registers & Ledgers
- Shares Certificates
- Shareholder ledgers for each shareholder
- Preparation of Corporate By-Laws which sets out the organisation of the Corporation
- Preparation of the Register of Directors, Register of Shareholders, Register of Officers and the Stock Transfer Register
- Preparation of Organisational Minutes - covering the election of directors and officers, issuing shares, the form of share certificates and fixing the number of directors
- Delivery of documents by FedEx / DHL courier
- Canadian Telephone redirected worldwide answering service
- International mail forwarding service
- Assistance opening a Canadian Bank Account
- Extra-Provincial Corporation registration
Canada Non-Resident Company Directors
- Only one director required
- There are no Canadian residency requirements for directors
Canada Non-Resident Company Officers
- Must appoint a President and a Secretary
- One person can hold several positions (i.e. be the President, Secretary and the Treasurer)
- There are no Canadian residency requirement for officers
Canada Company Share Capital
Your company's minimum authorised share capital is CA$1.
Canada Registered Agent & Registered Office
Your company requires a registered office, which will be the official address used by all the relevant government authorities. You will need an address in Canada that is either a commercial or residential address.
We can act as your registered agent and provide a registered office in British Columbia.
All relevant government and commercial documents will be sent to the registered office address.
Incorporating a Company in Canada as a Non-Resident
First, choose which province you would like to incorporate in
- As a non-resident of Canada we can incorporate your company in
Choose a proposed name for your company
- Your company's name should end with Corporation, Incorporated, Limited, Limitée, Corp., Inc., Ltd. or Ltée.
- Your company's name must be in English, French or have a version in both.
- You may choose to be issued a number, instead of a name, as the company's legal name, known as a Numbered Corporation.
Shareholders of your company
- Every company can have between 1 and 50 shareholders
Documents and Information
To begin incorporating your Non-Resident Canada Company, we will require:
- The proposed name of your company
- Names and addresses of director(s) and officer(s)
The total cost of incorporating your Non-Resident Canada Company is £2500. This fee includes the Registered Offices fees for the first year.