BVI Registered Agent
Under Section 91A of the BVI Companies Act 2004, all BVI companies must have a Registered Agent in the BVI. Registered Agents must be licensed under either the Company Management Act 1990 or Trust Companies Act 1990. A register of licensed registered agents is maintained by the BVI Registrar. We provide registered agent and Registered offices services in the BVI and your company can have the BVI Registered Agent Transferred to ourselves.
BVI Registered Agent - Section 91A BVI Companies Act 2004
- If at any time a company does not have a registered agent it shall forthwith, by resolution of members or Directors, appoint a Registered Agent.
- A resolution to appoint a Registered Agent may be passed.
- Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in the memorandum or articles, by the members of the company; or
- If authorised by the memorandum or articles, by the Directors of the company.
- A notice of appointment of registered agent shall be endorsed by the registered agent with his agreement to act as registered agent and filed by the registered agent.
- The appointment of the registered agent takes effect on the registration by the Registrar of the notice filed under the subsection
BVI Registered Agent Duties
The registered address is the legal address of your BVI company, they are also legally responsible for safe custody and maintaining of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, the Register of Members, the Register of Directors, copies of all Resolutions, notices and filings. It is the duty of the Registered Agent to keep these documents up-to-date and available for inspection by the directors and shareholders of the BVI company.
Transfer BVI Registered Agent
We can become the Registered agent for your BVI company, we send a written request to the current Registered Agent, asking them to resign and pass the administration of your company to our Registered Agent.
Although legally the change of Registered Agent is straightforward, clients trying to avoid the payment of accepted and past-due company renewal fees may encounter difficulties. They may find that no other Registered Agent is willing to accept the administration of such company.
Transfer your Registered Agent to System Day
Please email us with the name of your BVI company, we will need to order a company search to prepare the Company Resolution and contact the previous BVI Registered Agent.
Transferring Registered Agent:
- Transferring Registered Agent:
- Company Search to check company status and details
- Transfer-Out fee charged by your current Registered Agent
- Due Diligence for new Shareholders
- Registered Office/ Registered Agent 12 months fee
- Directors Register Maintenance fee
Company Name - your company name can end in Ltd, Inc, Corp, SA
Share Capital - there are no minimum share capital requirement
Directors - only 1 director of any nationality is necessary for your company
Shareholders - only 1 shareholder is required
Accounts - no requirement to file accounts or financial statements with the public registry
Tax - an IBC is exempt from tax on income generated outside the BVI
Confidential - the names of the directors and shareholders do not appear on public record
Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process