Belize Company Formation
The most common form of incorporation in Belize is the International Business Company (IBC) which is similar to the Limited Liability Company. An IBC may conduct business anywhere else in the world. All IBCs incorporated under the Belize International Companies Act are exempt from taxation and high levels of confidentiality as the name and details of company directors and shareholders are not held on public record.
Once we have received all the necessary due diligence information we prepare the Memorandum and Articles of Association for your IBC. These documents along with the other incorporation documents are filed with the Belize International Business Companies Registry for approval along with all necessary fees. The Registrar will approve the documentation and issue a Certificate of Incorporation which certifies the IBC is fully registered and incorporated in Belize.
- Reserving your Company Name
- Prepare your Company Registration Forms
- Standard Government Duty
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum of Articles
- Share Certificates
- All documents and certificates supplied in a professional folder
- Delivery of documents by FedEx / DHL courier
- Provision of the Registered Office & Registered Agent in Belize
- Compliance with local domicile requirements
Features of a Belize International Business Company
- Exemption from taxation in Belize
- Confidential structure, no filing requirements with the authorities
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association are the only documents to be held on the public record
- The names of the shareholders and directors for offshore Belize are not a part of the public record
- Belize IBCs are permitted to open offshore bank accounts
- No annual public disclosure of directors or shareholders is required
- No requirement for an Annual General Meeting to be held in Belize
- Exempt from the payment of local taxes
- Low cost incorporation
- A registered agent and a registered office are required
- Shares may be issued with or without par value and in any currency
- No statutory accounting or audit records need be kept or filed in Belize
- Annual Government fee is only $100 when the authorised share capital is $50,000 or less
- The Belize IBC cannot derive any income from activities in Belize
A Belize IBC is not subject to exchange control regulations, however, all profit earning activities must be conducted outside Belize.
- No minimum capital requirement
- No requirement for audited accounts
- No need for annual returns
- No requirements for a local director or secretary
- No requirement for an Annual General Meeting
Incorporating a Belize IBC
It takes 3-5 days to incorporate a company in Belize. After you have submitted the proposed company name to us we gain company name approval from the authorities in Belize within a few hours. We then present the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company to the Registrar, a Certificate of Incorporation is then issued and your new company is incorporated.
Documents and Information
To start the incorporation of your offshore company in Belize we require the following:
- The company name
- Name and address of the directors
- Name and address of the shareholders
- Proposed company activities
Authorised and Issued Share Capital
- There is no minimum share capital required
- Share capital may be expressed in any currency
- Your IBC may issue as few or as many shares as it deems desirable
- The standard share capital is US $50,000 (€36,850)
- Although the share capital for a Belize IBC is US$50,000 only a single share needs to be issued, and may be in any currency.
- Directors may be of any nationality
- Only one director is required
- The names of directors do not appear on public record
- Shareholders may be of any nationality
- Only one shareholder is required, this can be the same person as the director
- The shareholder can be a person or a corporation
- Your company name may be in any language
- A company name check can be carried out free of charge to see if a required name has already been registered
- We can reserve your IBC name for up to ten days
- Having submitted the name of your IBC to us, we obtain approval from the Belize Company Registrar
The word Limited, Corporation, Incorporated, Society Anonyme, Sociedad Anónima, Aktiengesellschaft or an abbreviation thereof, must be part of the Company name.
You must have a registered agent and registered office in Belize - this is included in our standard company formation price.
Your company does not have to keep records in Belize and there are no requirements to file accounts or a financial statement.
From the start we will guide you on what accounting records need to be held.
- No filing of accounts or annual returns
- No public filing requirements except Memorandum and Articles of Association
Secrecy Confidentiality is one of the key benefits of the Belize International Business Company. At registration, no information whatsoever is filed on public record on the company beneficial owners, directors and shareholders. This information remains only known to the licensed Registered Agent, who is bound by the law to keep it completely confidential. The internal corporate records of the IBC as the Registry of Members, Registry of Directors and the Corporate Minutes and Resolutions, are all kept by the Registered Agent and are also confidential. The only documents of a Belize IBC held on public record are the Memorandum and the Articles of Association. These documents do not contain any indication as to the actual beneficial owners, directors or controllers of the company.
Confidentiality is one of the main reasons why Belize is so attractive. The only document presented for public filing at the registry is the Memorandum and Articles of Incorporation. There is no requirement for public disclosure or annual filing of accounts under the act. This includes complete confidentiality for company shareholders and directors.
There are no minimum capital requirements, no need for audited accounts, no annual returns, no requirement for a local director or secretary and no requirement for an annual general meeting.
Annual Renewal Service
Provision of the Registered Office in Belize
- Compliance with local domicile requirements
- Payment of Government Fees
- Maintaining Statutory Records
- Maintenance of Shareholder Register
- Maintenance of Director Register
- Statutory Due-Diligence
- Ensuring that your company is kept in good standing through payment of the annual government fee and filing of annual documents
- Your company is required to pay an annual government licence fee, every year to maintain your company's good standing